There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lawn Fawn's CHA Winter Challenge


Lawn Fawn CHA Winter 2013 Challenge!


Hi everyone. If you have been on my Facebook page you will know that I love Lawn Fawn stamps. They have two new sets out this week...you so need to go check them out. You can see them here on the Lawn Fawn Blog!

Lawn Fawn is having a Challenge for CHA Winter and their Catalog.  I know, right?  So I made a Tri-Fold Card for this challenge. (Thank You Sandy, from Operation Write Home, for the tutorial and measurements!)  

This is the front of the card! I popped out the sun and the kites!

Now check out the inside!
The stamps are from the Sunny Skies set from Lawn Fawn. There are more stamps to this set.  I use every single one of them all the time! 

Have a great night everyone! 

Laurie

Monday, December 3, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop

         Hi everyone, and welcome to the 10th day of the 12 days of Christmas blog hop.  You should have gotten here from Lisa's blog!
         So what I wanted to show you today is  a card I made in the shape of a door complete with measurements.  First thing I did was find a wreath digital stamp from my extensive digi file, that I liked, printed it out and colored it in with my Copic Markers. If you are the designer of this wreath please let me know so I can give you credit.

        After I had it all colored in, I added glossy accents to the berries and cut it out. I then colored another one of the ribbons and cut that out. I used pop dots to elevate the second ribbon to give it some dimension. Now for someone who used to design architectural interiors (pre-Mommyhood) the next part was really fun for me.  On a piece of graph paper I drew out a door and used the wreath to guide me in the sizing.


     Once I had the door drawn out I added the measurements. As you can see below I was pretty detailed with the measurements. Its the drafting training coming out. You won't need to be this detailed in your drawings. I find it helps when I do clean and simple projects though to have all the measurements pre-drawn.

 Once I had all the door panels cut out I inked the edges in a super dark brown ink so they would stand out as individual pieces.
 I put the door panels together and then used a brad as a door knob. I then added the wreath using more pop dots. I cut the dots in half so they would be half as tall as usual. I didn't want to give it too much height.  I then added the card front to the card base and it was done!

   

This is how it looks completed.




Please let me know what you think....leave a comment.
And don't forget your next stop on the blog hop is at Heather's blog.


Cheers,
Laurie