There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, November 17, 2011

OMGosh I Feel Famous. Teehee!

Mornin' Peeps!  Tracy from Helmar has put one of my paintings on her blog. You can check it out here.
http://tracywburgos.typepad.com/treasure_the_momentlove_l/  and while your over there, hop on over to the Helmar USA website and check out the new products that they have.  I am so coveting them right now!

Looking forward to having more time to post, and to figure out some blog type things.

Have a Great Thursday
Laurie

Monday, November 14, 2011

A Simple Gate Fold Card

Hi everyone. I whiped up a simple gate fold card to show you how to make them. I love when I get requests! So if any of you would like to see a tutorial , and I know how to do it....feel free to ask.

So here goes:  This is our Gate Fold Card!
8
Step One:  cut out your card stock. For this card I chose 5 1/2 inches by 4". So your card stock should be 5 1/2" by 8". then turn horizontally, then score at the 2" mark, flip over and score at the 2" mark again. So your card should fold like this:


Next your going to cut out your matting. I chose a burgundy colored card stock with a cream colored vellum overlay. The vellum has flecks of fall colors embedded in it.
I cut down the sides of the card stock and the vellum just slightly so they wouldn't interfere with the fold. I used Helmar's Vellum Adhesive for the vellum.  You can't see it through the vellum. It's amazing.



Next I stamped out some leaves (Stampin Up Stamps) and colored them in while I watched Grey's Anatomy. I used Prisma Colored Pencils. I used at least three colors on each leaf.

 I didn't have any Gamsol (another tutorial) I used my Stampin Up crystal affects to give the leaves some shine and smoothness.





I then cut out two mats for each side of the gate panels. The green was done at 5 1/4" and 1 3/4". If you notice the corners are rounded in this sample. This was the original until I spilled coffee on it. Breaking my own rule of having a cup with a cover at all times at my work table. The tan panels are 5 " by 1 1/2" that was put through the crimping tool.  

Next I wrapped a ribbon around it and glued it into place. I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry...it doesn't show through the ribbon, even this velvet ribbon.

after I hand cut the leaves and acorns out and glued them onto the front with Helmar's Acid Free Craft Glue, except for the two larger leaves, those were popped up with a dob of Helmar's Liquid Scrap Dots. All card stock was Bazzill.

Cheers until next time!
Laurie

Thursday, November 10, 2011


Here is a layout I did of Anya.  This was one of the first really big smiles we got from her. I love the little sailor dress and I wish she would still let me dress her up.  The white and blue fabric rose panels are from Mon Ami Gabby. I had just discovered them at Scrapbook Expo and I love love love their stuff now. The paper flower is very dimensional and each layer is separated by a dob (that's a technical term, LOL) of Helmar's Liquid Scrap Dots. Which is a product I can't seem to get enough of.  

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Butterfly Card

 Today I was playing with my Spellbinders dies an created this card. I used two identical sheets of patterned card stock from my Mariposa Paper Pack. I cut out two identical pieces and attached one to the front of the card and one to the inside of the card. I then cut the window out with my Spellbinders Die, used black card stock to make the frame and attached the frame to the outside of the card and one to the inside of the card.  The patterned cards stock that I used had the butterfly on it. I cut out the two of them and used my Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to pop up the butterflies.