Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hi Everyone!
Since this is my first blog post I think I should probably tell you who I am and why I am making this blog.
My name is Laurie and I am married to a wonderful man named Marshall.  We have two beautiful daughters that we adopted from China.  Siena is 10 years old and Anya (Ani) is all of 8.  We have a very spoiled Yorkie named Boo, she is 4 years old.  I am a SAHM (that would be Stay at Home Mom), but I am involved in a lot. I am co-writing a new art program for our school with the lovely and talented Courtney. Courtney is one of my best buds! I am working on an Up-cycling ( taking things that would be thrown away and turning it into something wonderful and useful) event for the school for this spring and of course our Fall Carnival. I volunteer in my girls classes and I teach art once a month in their classes as well.  Those lessons come from the program that Courtney and I are writing.
I used to be an interior designer but when they handed Siena to me in China in 2001, nothing else mattered.  But I needed a creative outlet, so I learned to scrapbook, make cards, and do other general crafts. Now 9 years later I have been on design teams, taught classes, and am now writing a program.
I love crafts, and I find that sometimes I have a BIG budget but most of the time I am working with a medium sized or small sized budget, occasionally I come up with an idea and I have NO budget.
On this blog, and my reason for starting it, is that I want to share my knowledge and ideas with you. You will see some of the crafts, scrapbook pages, and cards I have made. You will see the evolution of my scrappin' space and how I am hoping to turn it into a lovely, comfortable and efficient work space. You will see demonstrations and instructions to make some of my favorite projects and of course I want to see yours as well.
So here goes and I hope you enjoy my blog.
Laurie

2 comments:

  1. I love the ribbons and I can't wait to see all the wonderful projects you post on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grace, it was easier than I though to get started, now if I could just figure out the rest of it. LOL

    ReplyDelete