Scrapper's Delights. and she is so much fun to color! Being from New Hampshire the minute I saw those wings I thought Monarch Butterfly! So that is what I did with her! I also thought she would look super cute in sage green and cream colored clothing. I used patterned paper from Lawn Fawn to create the field that she is sitting on. I simply tore it and then inked the edges with a dark green ink. I then fussy cut out our little pixie and pop dotted her onto the card. then I added the clouds, the sentiment (I need to expand my collection of these) and the flowers and pixie dust. then I hand drew in the stems and leaves. The card opens from the bottom and is a 6" by 6" card! Now head on over to Scrapper's Delights and check out the full array of pixies and other fun stuff!
Have a Phenomenal Weekend!
A Blog For All Things Artsy A Place Where a Day Without Gluing Something is...well... a Day Without!
Friday, April 20, 2012
Monday, April 16, 2012
Helmar Design Team Call
Helmar Design Team Call 2012
Helmar Design Team Call 2012
Helmar is a recognized leader of adhesives and aerosols in the Arts and Crafts industry and we are looking for new design team members to promote our amazing products. If you’d like to be a part of one of the most creative and easy going design teams out there, while showcasing Helmar products and your talent, this call is for you!!!
We are looking for dedicated design team members that work well with deadlines, direction and preferred partner products. As a Helmar design team member, you will serve a 6 month term beginning May 1, 2012.
As a part of the Helmar Design Team you will…
- Receive a surplus amount of Helmar products and advance releases of new Helmar Products as well
- Endorsement fees for published layouts and tradeshow projects
- Amazing products from our generous Preferred Partners throughout your term
Now what does it take to be a part of the Helmar Team? Here are your responsibilities
- 3 projects per month consisting of (but not including all every month) blog posts on the Helmar blog and your personal blog, video tutorials, blog hop projects, Preferred Partner projects and Helmar challenge projects. These are on a rotating calendar basis that will be provided to you. Edited to add- Video tutorials are not a requirement. If you would rather do a Step out photo tutorial, we'd love that too!!!
- Keeping your personal blog up to date and linking Helmar at every opportunity. Using Preferred Partners product is also appreciated.
- Facebook, Twitter, Ustream and YouTube involvement. Social Media is big in the industry and we want you to be a part of it!!!
- Monthly submissions to magazines and publications
- Special projects as per requested for shows, catalogs, promotional items and trade shows
If you are interested in being a part of a fantastic team, please send the following information in a single email
1) Name, address, daytime/evening phone number and email address.
2) Short biography
3) Links to any online galleries, blogs, facebook, twitter pages and video streams ( youtube, ustream, vimeo)
4) List or attached resume of other design teams you are or have previously been on.
5) A brief paragraph letting us know why you would like to be a part of the Helmar Design Team
6) 3-5 examples of your work that will best showcase what you will bring to the Helmar table. (Layouts, cards, altered art, mixed media, sewing projects, crafts etc.) Make sure to list any special techniques you’ve used using adhesives. Please no photos bigger than 500kb each.
7) Anything else you feel we need to know about you
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 18th, 2012 with "Helmar Design Team Application" as the subject. No late submissions will be accepted. The new Helmar Design Team will be announced by the 30th of April, 2012
At this time we are only accepting applications from Australia, Canada and United States.
Helmar Adhesives do not need to be used on your submission samples but are appreciated.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
A Honey of a Digital Stamp
One of my design team projects for the Scrapper's Delights Blog, was this darling little Bee!
Now on this card I used both acrylic stamps and digital stamps. So I noticed a few things in my little experiment. I did a much better job of stamping when I had my rubber mat, or my stamping tool. Using a clear block was kind of a hassle due to the fact that I could not get even pressure. Now look at the Digital stamp. Our little friend the Bee. Not only did the black come out crisp, clean and complete. I was able to print her out on glossy card stock and pack her up with my Copics and Gel Pens and work on her while away from home. So this cutie pie went with me to Yosemite State Park! Now you don't need to have a lot of expensive embellishments with this card. It's a CAS card or a Clean and Simple card. I stamped the background with a chevron stamp in black. You can clearly see where the ink did not transfer quite as well as I would like (this is due to a pressure issue). I then layered a 6" by 3" strip of yellow cards stock with a 6" by 2 1/2" piece of black card stock and then a 6" by 2" piece of white card stock. This I centered onto the card with exactly 1 1/2" of space on either side. Now check out the white strip on the left side of the card, along the right side of the white strip the card has been scored and then burnished. This is so the card will be stable when stood up. I printed out a quote and then matted that as well. The border around the quote is 1/4".
Now on our little Bee. I used my Copic markers to color in her yellow spaces. On the black spaces I very carefully with a tiny paint brush, bushed on a gel glaze. I used Spica glitter pens on the honey pot and the honey. I popped up the honey pot with a zap dot. I used a combination of teal marker and glaze gel to create her beautiful blue eyes. Her eye shadow is an ultra fine blue glitter mixed with gel glaze. Her wings were colored in first with a combination of baby blue, pale green and a soft yellow. Over this I brushed on a mixture of an ultra find iridescent glitter and gel glaze. I love how the wings are both sparkly and translucent, just as wings should be! I then used an off set matting technique that I had learned in a class years ago but haven't used since. I thought it worked really well on this card. I also liked that the only other color besides yellow was on our graphic, making our little friend POP!
So the next time you travel, need to pack light and want to bring some crafting projects with you. Digital Stamps are the Way to Go!
Now you want to click on this link and grab this little cutie with some fun extras while she is still on sale!
Have a Great Weekend.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)